Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Think We Can Be Better

Jude.

You don't hear much of Jude.  Maybe popular only by Paul McCartney, but not the book of the bible.  There were a couple of things I took from the text that made me think a bit.

Jude verses  22-23Go easy on those who hesitate in the faith. Go after those who take the wrong way. Be tender with sinners, but not soft on sin. The sin itself stinks to high heaven.

I think there are plenty of Christians that get this right a lot of the time, sure.  But sadly, so many don't.  I think of this when I see "christians" picketing or protesting some things. How many hateful and disgusting signs do you see being used at protests on the news?  At anti-gay protests, signs are so hateful and judgmental.  We are instructed not to judge others, that's God's job.  But we carry on doing it, like it's our right to do so.  Greed and love of money is a sin.  How come we don't see such a fuss from these protesting people about things like that? 

I guess I just think we have to start by looking in first, then we can start looking out more clearly.

2 comments:

  1. "We are instructed not to judge others, that's God's job."

    In this post, are you perhaps judging other Christians (be they right or wrong)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps...erm. Trying not to judge..just point out.

    ReplyDelete